‣ Parts of Africa and the Middle East share similarities in remoteness but inland Australia offers a few challenges unique to the outback.
In Outback Travel Guide
‣ For many visitors Australia is considered a place where the people probably won’t hurt you but the animals and bugs might.
In Dangerous Australian Animals
‣ But for a 4WD it is an endurance event and often a race to see which suspect component is the first to succumb to the rigours of the bush.
In 4x4 Trip Preparation
‣ Single dish meals make great camping food and Paella excels at tasting great while still managing to be a complete meal.
In Prawn & Chorizo Paella
‣ For most people the largest cost of any extended road trip is going to be fuel. A few simple techniques can help relieve some of the pain.
In Touring & Saving Fuel
‣ Most stranded people who die in the Australian bush do so because they make fundamental errors in judgement. It's poor decisions that kill.
In Outback Survival Guide
‣ On the outskirts of any town, along the beaches and roadside stops, are a variety of people who have set-up camp for the night.
In Roadside Camping
‣ Most of us grew up with these songs and can mumble a few lines or the chorus by heart. Standards like Berry's - 'Promised Land'.
In 100 Greatest Road Songs
‣ More than any other type of four wheel driving, picking and climbing through rocks requires a real feel for the vehicle.
In Driving on Rocks
‣ All the towns mentioned here claim to hold a record under one or more criteria but we wanted to find out which town is truly the hottest.
In Australia's Hottest Town